What is SEO and How to Optimize your site?
SEO is a method that you can use to bring your website or content to the first page of Google for a specific keyword. SEO an abbreviation for ‘Search Engine Optimization’. Using this process, you can optimize your site to improve its rankings on Search Engines for a certain keyword.
In simple words, SEO means optimizing a website for its ranking on the Search engines.
SEO includes two kinds of activities-
1.On-Page SEO 2.Off-Page SEO
On-Page SEO: means optimizing your website to improve its visibility for Search Engine’s result.
Off-page SEO: means optimization over the external websites for linking to your website.
How do you optimize your site doing On-Page SEO?
First of all, you need to analyze your website and find out the issues over the website pages. Then you need to fix them.
How should you start SEO basics to optimize your site?
- Keywords Research: Find out the best keywords, that you help to get a better position on Search Engines
- Meta Tages: Write unique and effective meta tags that are very important for SEO. An interesting title and meta description will provide attraction to your contents. Otherwise, the importance of URL is not less for SEO ranking. So, a well-optimized URL is very valuable for its ranking.
- Content: It is called King of your website. Maybe you have a question in your mind why it is called King. What is the main purpose of creating your website? Sharing information that can help your readers, is it? All kinds of information are content. Then think about how your content will be read and understood by your readers.
Your contents should be like:
- Content should be informative and contain information related keywords.
- It should be easier to read and understand.
- Paragraph formatting is important for understanding.
- It must be unique.
- You can use Bold or Italic texts to highlight the important words that are informative for readers.
4. Heading Tags: Write your heading with a keyword, initiate with H1 heading, the subheadings can be written pecking order of H2 to H6 for each of the paragraphs on your website. 5. Images: Use images with alt text wherever relevant, Images speak more than text. 6. Internal linking: Using wright anchor tag Interlink other pages from your Webpage content. 7.Page Speed: Check for Page Speed issues and fix them using the Google Page Speed Tool.
8.Sitemaps: Create a sitemap for users to find all your Website in HTML form and another sitemap in XML form for search engines with all your webpages URL, which helps you to submit your website all contents to search engines.
How do you improve SERP ranking doing Off-Page SEO?
Link Building: Link Building is an Off-Page strategy to build inbound links from external websites to your website. The process is very effective for SEO.
It always helps to build high-quality backlinks. The high-quality backlink will not only help in ranking on ‘Search Engines Result Pages’ but also send lots of traffic from the links.
How to build high-quality backlinks?
- Write enthralling Contents that help to get links naturally, likes, share and comments through Social Signals.
- Share your contents through Press Release distribution, Guest Posting, Articles Directories, Social Sites.
- Find out the broken links of the relevant external websites and ask to fix them. Then ask to link back to your site for relevant pages.
- You can get backlinks participating in Forums, question asking sites, News sites commenting with relevant information from your Website and link back to your site.
If you are benefited reading the article, then please share the article and stay with us to get a better solution to your problem. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you face any problem on your WordPress site.